Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Why Do Businesses Trust milliCare?
To put it simply, we’re the best at what we do. Customers of milliCare return again and again because they know they’ll receive the same consistently clean results each and every time. We also have the experience and knowledge to make sure you understand our methods and practices so that you will feel comfortable with our services. Read on to find the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions.
Ready to schedule your next commercial floor care service? Give milliCare a call today!
I have facilities in multiple locations and regions. Can milliCare service my facilities?
- Our service network spans four continents and eight time zones, so whenever or wherever professional carpet cleaners are needed, we’ll be there. Our decades of experience give you the benefit of a company that understands your market and business. Whether it’s hospital carpet cleaning, retail carpet cleaning, hospitality carpet cleaning, or commercial entrance matting, the milliCare network can meet your needs. Contact us to find out more about our National Account services and how to get started.
Why is dry better?
- Our dry carpet care system uses little to no water. The result is a faster process and cleaner carpet with no residual chemical leftovers or mildew. Plus, our system is gentler on your carpet. While other systems can leave water and soap residue behind, causing rapid re-soiling potential mold and bacteria to grow, milliCare’s unique Dry Care polymer system leaves your carpet fibers smooth, clean, and dry. Schedule a demo to experience the milliCare difference.
My carpet is new. Why do I need to maintain now?
- The best time to protect your carpet is right after installation. Throughout your carpet’s life, dirt and soil will abrade carpet fibers, causing long-term damage. By the time you’ve noticed it’s dirty, the damage to your carpet will already be done. While a yearly restorative cleaning can bring the appearance back to your carpet, the best choice is a proactive maintenance plan that’s proven to protect your investment. Contact us to learn more about Protective Care.
How does the cost of milliCare compare to hot water extraction?
- milliCare's Dry Care cleaning process is comparable to the cost of hot water extraction in square feet per hour. However, our process can actually extend the life of your carpet without undue strain on carpet fibers. Our system uses less water and less energy than conventional systems, saving you money on utility bills in the long run. Calculate your water savings with milliCare on our Environmental Impact Calculator.
Can I buy the milliCare products and have my people do it?
- milliCare is a system, not a product. We train our technicians so they’ll understand how to effectively maintain carpet over its lifetime. This means knowing how to care for various styles of carpet, understanding how to work within different workspaces, and how to treat all kinds of soil and staining. During your consultation, a milliCare-trained professional will assess your space and suggest the right program for your needs and budget.
How is milliCare’s green story different?
- Many organizations talk about going “green,” but milliCare lives it. Our core products are Green Seal Certified, and our Dry Care system uses 99.5% less water and reduces your energy consumption by 85% compared to hot water extraction. Not only is milliCare Dry Care safe for the environment, it’s safe for your guests and employees. When used in conjunction with an effective HVAC system, milliCare removes up to 99% of pollutants and harmful VOCs. Give us a call to learn more.
How does using milliCare contribute to LEED-EBOM?
- LEED for Existing Buildings Operations and Maintenance (LEED-EBOM) is the only certification program focused on buildings already in operation. By retrofitting green standards to existing buildings with sustainable procedures and maintenance plans, your business can earn accreditation for many green initiatives.
milliCare can help boost your LEED-EBOM score in the following categories:
- Water Efficiency
- Energy and Atmosphere
- Materials and Resources
- Indoor Environmental Quality
- See our milliCare Green Paper for more details.
How will milliCare analyze my needs?
- To determine the best approach to facility maintenance, a milliCare representative will visit your location and assess the size, layout, surroundings, and building materials to analyze your overall needs. Your consultant will then suggest the best combination of services needed to keep your space clean. Give us a call to get started.
How much downtime will be needed after cleaning?
- With milliCare, there is no downtime. Traditional hot water extraction systems require facilities to be empty before cleaning can begin, after which there is a long drying period before anyone can walk on the carpet again. On the other hand, milliCare’s dry polymer system doesn’t need any downtime, because as soon as we’re done cleaning, your carpet is ready for use. We can work around any schedule, as our revolutionary dry polymer removes dirt from carpets as soon as it’s vacuumed away. Schedule a demo today to see the milliCare difference.
How often should we be vacuuming our carpet?
- Regular vacuum care is important to maintaining carpets. Failure to do so will accelerate the dull, faded, or worn appearance of the carpet caused by dirt and grit "abrading" or scratching the carpet fibers. Keeping dirt out makes long-term maintenance easier and more effective. Vacuum your high-traffic carpet every work day, medium-traffic every other work day, and low-traffic once a week. Ideally, use vacuum equipment that has a beater brush. Need to locate your milliCare provider for further maintenance? Call us for information.